Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year's Resolutions!


Hello and welcome to the first post of the new year! I thought I'd kick off this year in Blog Posts in classic style - with some new year's resolutions.  Little known fact about me, I love new year's resolutions. I know, most people by now are pretty jaded and cynical when it comes to setting goals for the new year - but for me, it represents a chance to change, and a change to grow, and blah blah mostly I just like making them and seeing where I end up at the end of the year. So now, without further adieu, let's look at what we're going to try to get done in 2016 (oh man it sounds weird saying that!)

Personal - Exercise more, eat better!
Well duh! We all make this goal each year, and I'm no different! I've actually started getting a bit better about exercise and diet in the past few years, but I still fall off the wagon plenty! In fact, I think the last time I was exercising regularly was back in October - so it's high time I get back to it. I'm using FitBit for run tracking, and MyFitnessPal for diet. If you want to join me with your fitness goals, post in the comments, and I'll add ya!

Continue with the Unity At Home Project
I really enjoyed working on my At Home Project. I reached my initial design goals at the Christmas break, but it's no where near really an actual game. I think I'd like to see it become so. Not sure what I'll do with it for real - if I'll ever actually try to market it, but continuing to build a multiplayer mech game sounds like something I'd like to play and do, so what the hell! Look for more posts coming soon detailing my progess on the game.

Extend Of Course I'll Play It into Video
I started doing commentary videos at the end off each Unity blog update, and I kind of liked that. I'd like to continue that. Either convert my YouTube channel or create a new one that is kind of the official Of Course I'll Play It video channel. I'm not promising to do any streaming, per se. Still haven't felt really compelled to get into that. But maybe some Let's Play videos featuring games I'm playing, some more dev/commentary videos, and maybe even a video blog or two.

That's Enough!
Yap, it really is. That pretty much sums up the big things I want to get accomplished for this year - at least in terms of stuff you people care about. Oh I might decide to get back into fictional writing again too - but honestly I'm not yet committed enough to that goal to write it down. So there you have it. Stuff we wants to get done in 2016. I hope you folks will join me, and bring your friends, and together we'll have a bitchin' good time.

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment